Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting Started

Dear Readers,

So I'm kind of new to this whole blogging phenomenon so please bear with me if I say/do anything on here that is against the Almighty Bloggery. This whole concept of blogging and dishing out my inner-most (and not so inner-most) thoughts online kind of intrigues me. Maybe it's because I'm a major attention whore (I'm a Drama Major...that just about says it all) that I like the idea of numerous strangers reading my bizarro thoughts. Maybe the legendary and inspirationally humourous Dooce inspired me. Maybe it's because I'm bored and can't sleep... In any case, I have now hopped onto the blogging train, and hopefully all will go well!

Since this is my first post, I should warn any of you who read this and any further posts that I have a strong tendency to over punctuate and to make ridiculous grammatical errors, and for these I apologize. I would love it if I were able to erase this tragic flaw of mine, but I can't, so tough. Also, I am Canadian, so if any of you are American, 'colour' is my correct way of writing your 'color'; 'humour' is my correct way of writing your 'humor'; 'neighbour' is my correct way of writing your 'neighbor'. There are a bunch of other Candian ways of spelling that will surely irk you, but I am particularly adament about those 'ou' ones. I'm just weird like that.

I'd love to post more right now, but I think I should explore the depths of this blog before I submit you to any more rambling. I just thought I should say Hello first. So, Hello! And Welcome to Polka-Dots & Circle Skirts!

~boo

No comments: