Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A sad farewell

Dear Shoes,

I love you all very very much, so much so that I have worn you all into states of disrepair. Almost all of you, especially the prettiest and most comfortable amongst you, have holes and have become very dishevelled. This is especially difficult for my feet right now because it is November, and therefore too cold for me to be pretending that you are all warm and whole. I'm afraid, my dearest shoes, that I may have to replace you with some new shoes, as well as some boots for the upcoming frost and snow.

I would like to apologize to those of you with whom I will be parting, as well as to those of you who will be losing your dearest shoe friends and acquaintances. I will do my best to make sure that those who are recruited to replace your beautiful selves will be entirely deserving of that place of honour.

I am sorry my dear shoes. You have been truly faithful and supportive throughout our companionship.

Love,

~boo

No comments: